• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

T- Case

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I am having a hard time shifting in and out of 4x4. I am running a t case shifter. Any problem areas to look for? Thanks

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
Don't try to shift it on the street. Any difference in tire size etc will cause the transfer case to bind and it won't like to shift. Its easier to shift from 2hi to 4 hi if you are rolling slowly. You have to be stopped to go into 4 low, but it helps to start from 4 high. Its also best if you drive straight ahead and stop rather than trying to shift when you have been turning.
If you have to shift on the street, try unlocking the front hubs.
Tom

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I find it easiest to be on a slight hill so you can let it roll a little if it does not want to go in at first. And I agree with Tom, if you are on pavement and turning or whatever so it is in a slight bind, it is not going to want to shift. The double shifter upgrades seem to solve this problem for most people according to their posts on here, but I have not done one myself.