• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost brakes/steering???

mjstef

I have access to 3 complete FORD hydroboost assemblies from a friend of mines Lincold and Grand Marquis collection all the way down to the power steering pumps and coolers. I read THIS article and i am very excited about the results posted. Has anyone else used the Ford unit? Is anyone else interested in the other 2 units? The bad thing is if i want them i have to take the cars too as he is moving. This means i have to yank the units and haul the cars to the scrap yard. Let me know if anyone wants em and whats a fair price. I was figuring $175 plus shipping for the whole units..............

OP
OP
M

mjstef

0229081322a.jpg

0229081322.jpg

0229081321.jpg

0229081306.jpg

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
That article is mine. I wrote it before I changed my posting name to dispel some confusion. I have used several of these units in my conversions (Broncos and early pickups) and all act the same. Adjust the brake pedal rod and away you go. One of the easiest conversions going.
I hate to burst your bubble but I think your a little high on the price for your units. You may want to grab two of those for your Bronco and see if one of the guys wants the third for his.
TOFIC (was walker949)

OP
OP
M

mjstef

That article is mine. I wrote it before I changed my posting name to dispel some confusion. I have used several of these units in my conversions (Broncos and early pickups) and all act the same. Adjust the brake pedal rod and away you go. One of the easiest conversions going.
I hate to burst your bubble but I think your a little high on the price for your units. You may want to grab two of those for your Bronco and see if one of the guys wants the third for his.
TOFIC (was walker949)

I was trying to cover my costs between my time to remove everything, the $$ in gas to go the property and haul the junkers to the scrap yard. Just the boost unit without a MC or anything else is bringing $100 on E-Bay. Whats fair for the Unit, Pump, Cooler and all the hoses so a person has all the fittings to modify??

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
At the local pick ur-parts, all can be had for $50-75. Your best luck is selling on ebay and hope there is more than one bidder very interested in buying, so the bid will go up.

tinytim02

I picked up a complete setup from a 78 Lincoln for $50 at a junkyard, and they pulled it all for me. It included the hydroboost unit, mc, dual-return saginaw pump and brackets.