• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question for RRRAAAYYY2

rtj731

Ray,
I searched battery post and read that the new Die Hard Plat series batteries were made by Odessy? Only cheaper, I checked with sears and the P1/P4 are listed @ $179. Four year WNTY. I then went to the local Odessy shop and was quoted $ 311 for the PC 1500 2 year WNTY. What say you?

Thanks RTJ731 (newbie)

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I guess i have no choice but to answer this, LOL

I heard the same about the Sears batteries, havent seen it myself, but the guys were pretty sure same battery. Easy way to tell, throw it on a set of scales, only Odyssey's weight over 50lbs.

Tell your local Odyssey guys to go pound salt. I have to pay through the nose for them and sell them for $275.00. You should be able to find them for under $200.00. The warranty should be ???? it seems to vary. I have heard from 2 years to 7 years.

I started sweeping in a shop 30 years ago, one thing I can say, Sears never sold a bad battery in all those years. :) I still dont know that a PC1500 at $175 is more value than a Deka Intimidator at $115.

Did I tell you guys about the new Ion batteries. :) Now they aint cheap.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just checked it out at Sears. The group 34 battery weighs 53 pounds. 4 yr free replace with 100 month prorated. Sounds like a winner to me. BI

OP
OP
rtj731

rtj731

I guess i have no choice but to answer this, LOL

I heard the same about the Sears batteries, havent seen it myself, but the guys were pretty sure same battery. Easy way to tell, throw it on a set of scales, only Odyssey's weight over 50lbs.

Tell your local Odyssey guys to go pound salt. I have to pay through the nose for them and sell them for $275.00. You should be able to find them for under $200.00. The warranty should be ???? it seems to vary. I have heard from 2 years to 7 years.

I started sweeping in a shop 30 years ago, one thing I can say, Sears never sold a bad battery in all those years. :) I still dont know that a PC1500 at $175 is more value than a Deka Intimidator at $115.

Did I tell you guys about the new Ion batteries. :) Now they aint cheap.

Thanks X2 RRRAAYY2
I'll look into the Deka

OP
OP
rtj731

rtj731

RRRAAAYYY
Purchased one from Sears, looked upped Odessy online, the specs are the same, and both look identical, just different color. Searched for a decent price on the odessy but everyone wants $280 plus.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I thought they were selling for around $200, but that is still higher than Sears. And there are a lot of Sears around, so warranty would be easier. Seems I will be recommending Sears brand now.