• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tcase question

HYLO

I have a 67 with a dana 20 transfer case. When I added gear lube ,it ran out the front yoke thru the splines. Is there a sealing washer that is supposed to go behind the nut and if so where do I get it Thanks

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
had the same happen on my rear yoke - retorqued the nut and leak stopped - don't recall a washer.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
My parts diagram shows a washer behind the nut. I don't remember it being a special sealing washer or anything when I rebuilt mine though.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Been a while since I rebuilt mine, but I seem to remember an o-ring behind the yoke. Most will agree that the oring doesn't do the best job of sealing. What seems to work is to put on the yoke, then fill the void under the washer with RTV. Install the washer and torque the nut.

marc

Loc.
milwaukie,or.
i have seen a rubber seal with splines that goes behind the nut and washer, but most use rtv it works fine and probably easier than trying to find a seal.
marc

OP
OP
H

HYLO

Thanks Ill Try that . It sems to make sense, however where can I get the correct washer?