• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco lean

cams 76

Loc.
brookings
i had a slight a case pf bronco lean and i had it all apart this weekend did the thing where you tighten the radius arms with the ends touching the ground to make sure that it doesnt lean. i got it all back together and it is still leaning. could i have one coil slightly longer that the other? they are wild horses 3.5 inch prerunner coils

cs_88

Bronco Guru
It seems like I have read that if the front springs themselves are not turned properly when installed that even that can create problems. Good luck.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I have a case of lean too but not in the front. I have had the same situation with three sets of springs. I always blamed it on the weight of the aux fuel tank.

Muddy1966Bronco

Loc.
Central PA
Hey cams 76, let me know if you get it figured out. I installed the same wildhorses 3.5" prerunner lift with new rear springs last year. I did the radius arms exactly to the bronco lean article and made sure they were parallel. Looked good for a few weeks or so, but kept sinking over time. Now it sags very noticably, an 1.5" or more on the drivers side (no aux tank or doors or hardtop at all. This thing has no extra weight to justify the lean!). I'm still disgusted over it and sometimes I swear the one coil has more "spring" than the other, like they weren't manufactured within spec.

I was thinking a coil spacer on the leaning side would solve it...;D ;D %)

Landshark

Loc.
California
i had a slight a case pf bronco lean and i had it all apart this weekend did the thing where you tighten the radius arms with the ends touching the ground to make sure that it doesnt lean. i got it all back together and it is still leaning. could i have one coil slightly longer that the other? they are wild horses 3.5 inch prerunner coils

When reassembling the front end, did you do one side at a time or both
at the same time? I've found that when reassembling the radius arms to the axle, you want to do them both at the same time. You want to bolt the c caps on, but doing each cap a little at a time, that along with the other method usaully works for me.

backpain

Bronco Guru

How have you measured your "lean?" Do you know for certain it's all in the suspension? Is front lean and rear lean (at the axles) the same amount? You may have already assessed all of this, but I will tell you mine was an illusion - although some of my lean was suspension related, more was in the body cross braces/frame mounting perches than I had anticipated once I measured shock mount to shock mount, spring perch to spring perch, bump stop to axle, left-right, front-back, etc.etc. Just a thought.