• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rain Channel / Seam Sealer

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Hey guys, had lotsa rust around the edge of my top, along the rain gutter, so I cut it off, ground it down, put chassis saver on it, then reassembled it (welded), I now need some sorta seam sealer to put in the channel before painting.. any suggestions on a brand etc? 1973 Bronco btw :)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I believe the last stuff I bought was made by DuPont most places you buy auto paint at will have seam sealer. The one I got was in a tube and I used a caulking gun to apply

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
did weld the rain gutter back on?

yeah I actually cut the top off above the gutter.. so it remained with the lower part.. while I removed the rust from the cap.. the cap part was almost rusted apart from the rain gutter anyways lol. I ground the rust off, so now aside from it being 1/2 inch shorter.. looks perfectly new, no rust

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I used the duramix self leveling stuff, it was really sweet! 1 tube just covered it. I gotta see pics of how you fixed your top, I am definitely intrigued!!!