• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

power steering set w/pictures

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a friend that called me about putting his power steering back on his Bronco. I have looked at my pics as well as on this site, but I can't seem to find a few pics of what the setup should look like installed. I have even looked for a schematic on some of the vendor sites. He thinks that he might have something missing or on backwards. Does anyone have a picture or two that they could share so I can help him out?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
what exactly does he think he's missing? it looks just like the manual setup with the expection of hoses anf pump.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Some one will have the pictures ...the bronco box goes on the out side of the frame 3 bolts ...put you pump on 1st make sure the hose fit ..make sure the belt aligns ...steering shaft is harder than the rest ..I thought it was easier to at the tilt wheel at this time .than mess with the old steering shaft ...

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
its the 2wd swap (aftermarket) WH sell the kit but you can piece it together for less coin...real simple to do

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's an OEM setup, as far as I know. I would go over and see for myself but we work different shifts. I thought someone would have some pics or a schematic?

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
the stock PS set up is the exact same. the only difference is the 2wd box has a bracket off of the frame. If the bronco has a lift then a drop pitman arm is used.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He is looking for a pic of the setup bolted to the engine. I cannot see what he does or doesn't have as far as parts. He was wondering if maybe something is missing.