• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3.5" lift - does this look right?

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
Trying to decide between a 3.5 and 5.5 lift. The truck came with a 3" body lift. Jacked up the bumper 3.5" as measured by the bottom of the fender flare and was really surprised at how big 3.5" was. Does this look right? There's damn near a foot of space between the top of my 35" BFG and the fender flare. Now i need bigger tires cuz that looks funny! I guess 5.5" is out I'm not trying to build the empire state building on wheels.

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
Jeez.....8.5" would be HUGE!!! :eek:
My truck has 2" body/ 3.5" susp. and the PO cleared(w/some rubbing) 37.5x12.5"rubber.
Its running beat down 35"s now and looks just right.
Look through the galleries to find trucks with the lift you want,
then ask the owners what they have.;)

Dan76

3.5" and 3" body is more then enough. 5.5" and a 3" body would be freakin crazy! I plan on making 37 work with my 3.5"+2", once I upgrade my axles that is :p

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Depending on what suspension you run you may need that clearance for articulation. The other option is bump stops so bigger tires don't eat the fenders. I would ramp it or use a fork lift to see what the up travel is on your tires so you know which way to go.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
My favorite combination for 35's is 3.5" suspension and 1" body lift. For serious suspension articulation, you may want more suspension.