• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

guage lighting question

fwilder

During my recent interior build some how I yanked on of the bulbs out of the guage cluster. Now none of the lights on it work. Well the red highbeam light, and the blinkers work, just none of the white light. If you blow one bulb will all of them go out?

Everything else on the dash works.

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
i think you can blow one bulb and the others are fine, they do ground through the clip thing that holds them to the gauge cluster, if they have been out for a while i bet that area rusted and no longer makes a good ground, so check that first

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Play with the dimmer (rotate the headlight switch). Generally if you loose all the lights that is the problem. Oh, and the park or headlights need to be on for them to work, not the ignition like newer cars.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If even one of the sockets is not completely plugged in, none of the lights will work

I call that BS. You can unplug any socket and that light will stop, but none of the rest. The lights are 12V and wired in parrellel. They are not wired in series. Please review your basic eletrical before submitting incorrect information.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
X2 Mr Bowsher. If they were strung like old xmas lights then the last one would be dimmer than the first one in the series.