• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI / Upp. Rad. hose ?

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've noticed that the t-stat housing on the Exploder intake points the hose straight up , whereas , the one on the bronco does not.
Bronco's in the exhaust shop for now , so I can't compare right now , but ...
1. Will the old housing work on the exploder intake , thereby using the hose I currently have. If not ....
2. What hose should I get to fit properly?

I'm not swapping the serp. system just yet and still using stock type radiator in/out locations.

Thanks in advance.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Upper hose. Application is upper hose for '69 Pontiac GTO w/ 400 inch engine. It was the recommended hose for the Mustang 5.0 swap when using a stock radiator. Shortened it quite a bit for the Explorer setup.

Attachments

• hose reroute 1.JPG
    hose reroute 1.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 79
  • hose reroute 2.jpg
    hose reroute 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
The simple fix that I found was going to Autozone .They have a flexible rad hose with a 90* bend at one end. I had to trim off 1" at the other end. Worked perfect. Sorry I don't have a stock # to give you

Attachments

• bronco 004.JPG
    bronco 004.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Guys !
Look to start the manifold conversion this weekend , Fuel system is done , new exhaust w/ o2 sensors was finished today , will pick up from moofla shop tomorrow , Ryan's harness punched through firewall with the rest zip tied in a bundle under the hood , hopefully I have the rest of what I need here or in shipping right now.