• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any luck weather-proofing back end?

ft bronc

Loc.
Greater Cincinnati
Anyone ever have any luck weather-proofing the tailgate/liftgate area? We get so much rain around here, I hate to just keep letting it come in. My weatherstrips are all new, but the rain just pours in.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Get out the hose and try to find the leak, new weather stripping, if installed the properly, should solve the problem. Mine seems to seal fine even with old weather stripping, even here in the Seattle weather.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I found a combination of good seals and a little silicone worked well to seal up my '75 back in Kansas City (not the wettest climate, but we had plenty of gully washers). If you can have someone help you, get inside while they soak it down with a hose so you can see where it's coming in. On mine it was coming in around the latch and at the corners at the tailgate so I used some silicone in those areas to build up where the seals left gaps.