• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Missing when first cranked.

ryan_289

Loc.
Russellville, AR
Here lately when I first crank my Bronco it runs rough untill it gets good and warm. In neutral when you give it throttle it sounds like its missing. It seems to be worse when its cold or wet. I recently had to replace the ignition module so I know its not that. My guess is the distributor cap.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I would guess either carb (choke) or plug wires. Had a camaro years ago that was severly mistreated. Cold morning it had a bad miss, maybe ran on 5 cylinders. Found the drooling valve covers had swelled the plug wires. Morning dew would kill them, but after it ran a while it would warm up enough to dry out and hit on all 8 again.

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
New plugs and wires are always a good reason to play with.....uh;D .....work on your
cars, and they can never hurt!! Don't forget to check the gap at the electrode!! Your
old plugs may have worn down enough to need to be regapped, check 'em, clean 'em, and file the electrode sharp(square) again.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p I would suggest replaceing the plug wires sounds like there leaking (going to ground) get good ones. Good luck:D :D :D Bill %) :cool: ;D