• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions on Flamming River or I didit

BLUE72

I was just wondering if anyone has an opioion on which is the most bang for the buck or if one if better than the other. I am also trying to decide wether to go with an art car shifter or a locar. I am pulling the original 3 speed manual and d20 and going with an art carr aod and a atlas 2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
My buddy was in a similar boat and went with a flaming river auto column for his C4 swap. Not sure if the shift pattern will work the same for an AOD though.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I used the ididit column, it worked just fine, no problems with the AOD

OP
OP
B

BLUE72

Was yours in Alu or steel, and was it a manual or auto on the column?

workforce

Loc.
Natchez, MS
I've got the flaming river polished stainless steel with auto column shifter with an AOD and it was not a problem to make the shifter work. The quality is very good. I got mine from Wild Horses and the shift rod kit they sell it what I used.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I have the flamming river, Great product. It has the GM plug for your wiring harness. I was told that the Centech has the GM plug? I was going to go with the Centech harness because of that.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have the Ididit (no shifter) in my 75 with an AOD with a floor shift from Lokar. It was a little work to get it to work...
I just bought another Ididit for my 77 with a NV3550. I got both from BCB, plain steel which I had BCB powder coat black at the Ididit factory. $100.00 charge. Clean unit which plugs into Centrec harness, very good quality ;D I would recommend Ididit, Flaming did not offer the powder coating, at least not when I asked Tom's about it.

Doug

Last edited:

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I've run a non-shift Ididit tilt column for years and have always liked it. At WCB we sell Flaming River and from what I can tell they're just about identical. We've installed and sold quite a few of them since I've been there and they're always a great item to work with. Flaming River has an optional overdrive-specific shift indicator for their shift columns that makes it nice to use with AOD or 700R4. They also have a cool optional high-beam microswitch integrated into the turn signal lever.

Dusty

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Any of you know if the wiring plug from the colums (flamming River) are the GM plugs. Mine is a wide flat connector (is that GM?) I got my column from Flamming river.

OP
OP
B

BLUE72

So who has the best deal on the Stainless Steel tilt flamming river manual?