• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

c-caps

Austin

Loc.
Monument, Colorado
so i'm almost done installing my lift but i cant seem to get on the axle c-caps on, because when i put the new 6 1/2 degree bushings in, the bolts wont link up to the threads on the radius arms. any tips? the lift is from james duff by the way if that changes anything.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Get some longer bolts like 3" and start them with those (2 diagonal) then when it sinches up replace them with the stock ones. Has worked for me every time. Be sure to keep an eye on things and try to torque consistently on all 4 as well as both sides so you dont get a case of the leans.

bludorbronc

Buy longer bolts to start then change out ,or start one side then use c clamp on other side.

jim02

Loc.
Denver area
i did not need extra bolts. loosen both radius arm nuts as much as possible.
Then I used a small bottle jack to raise/lower the axle until the bolts line up just right.
do 1 side at a time with the bottle jack.
Maybe I just have the right size frame stands for it all to work out but mine went very easy, both times I have done this.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I use a cable come-along to pull the axle into the "C". Then I just put the caps on. The only case of lean I've ever had is on the driver side rear and I always blamed it on my fat butt!