• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

taking the tub off

hose101

Contributor
have a handful of friends coming over to help remove the tub in a couple of hours. Are there any last minute things that you might remember that I have forgotten?

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Be sure to brace the door openings, or she will fold like an acordian.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
and a camera, picture whores that we are.

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
doors are braced added one across the middle too. how about any thing that isnt so obvious to disconnect? Pics will come shortly, assuming the whole thing goes smooth, no pics if it tanks;) ;) ;)

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Light wires, the wire to the brake eq. block, If you have dual tanks check the selector.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Be Sure and disconnect the ground wires. There is one I know of on the frame rail, drivers side that goes to the fuel sending unit.

Blue71

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Because if there is anything bronco going on, on the islands, dont you HAVE to be present? You seem to know where all of them are! I'm moving!

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
its off

Mad, I should have invited you and you are more than welcome to come share your expertise anytime. Wasnt really ready to do it today but a drunk friend pushed the envelope and called up the manpower. Hard to resist when someone else is motivated like he was. It all turned out, with next to no problems( other then the drunk friend). check out some pics.

Attachments

• DSC02060 (Small).JPG
    DSC02060 (Small).JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02058 (Small).JPG
    DSC02058 (Small).JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC02057 (Small).JPG
    DSC02057 (Small).JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02056 (Small).JPG
    DSC02056 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC02055 (Small).JPG
    DSC02055 (Small).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02054 (Small).JPG
    DSC02054 (Small).JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC02053 (Small).JPG
    DSC02053 (Small).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC02050 (Small).JPG
    DSC02050 (Small).JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02037 (Small).JPG
    DSC02037 (Small).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 59

hammer

Bronco Guru
Not to hijack your thread but I'm tossing my rotisserie together tomorrow. I inherited the posts from my dad's rotisserie that he did his '69 dart on. He had then bolted to the floor. I'm going to mod them onto casters with a brace in between like yours is. I initially thought I would have the make the bases of the posts wider to create a greater stance and make the whole thing more stable. Right now they're roughly 40" wide. After looking at yours they don't seem much wider than that. Do you have any problems with it or is pretty stable?

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
it seems pretty stable. I used an old fire hose rack so I just left the width as is. If I had the money, know-how, will, time..... I would have widened it a little, but works for me. I think the key is getting the heads set up so the center of gravity is right through the center of the tub. I eyeballed this one and it came out pretty good. one handed turning if the lock nuts are loose. It will turn down flat on its own though if the bolts are left loose. Should have centered the tub just a little more. Good luck and though many people have lifted the tub many ways. five of my good friends was the smooth and easy way for me.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Glad you got it done with the help of friends.
Nice carport you got and to fit the tub on the rott in there is sweet!

What is the game plan now? You will need one and stick to it because it can drag the project from a few weeks to a few years before you get that tub back on...

Feel free to ask questions or if you need specific parts..

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
I think the game plan is to strip the frame down, por-15 it, and clean up the motor and trans. I am gonna replace all the bushings and body mounts as well as do some form of disc brake upgrade( been looking for the ford parts). As far as the tub goes I am gonna deal with any rust on the bottom and the rockers. then por-15 and some undercoating. Put it back on the frame and work the rest of the body work with it mounted and lined up. prime and paint. Sounds soo easy doesnt it. probably take around 10 years. Hopefully not though.