• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 groove pulleys

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
There are very few donors because of the broncos 3 bolt pattern but look for late 60's/early 70's trucks and vans. other good donor is 68/9 cars. Your best bet may be either ordering one from a vender or redrilling a 4 bolt one just got to make sure its centered.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
The factory 2-groove pulleys are getting extremely rare. When we have used ones available we usually get $50 apiece for them just for that reason, and we don't have any currently because they do get snapped up so quick even at that price. There are some chrome aftermarket ones available but beware of those, they're junk and will split. IMO the best setup are the billet pulleys from Wild Horses. We use and install those fairly regularly and they're a great product. They look awesome too.

Dusty

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
The factory 2-groove pulleys are getting extremely rare. When we have used ones available we usually get $50 apiece for them just for that reason, and we don't have any currently because they do get snapped up so quick even at that price. There are some chrome aftermarket ones available but beware of those, they're junk and will split. IMO the best setup are the billet pulleys from Wild Horses. We use and install those fairly regularly and they're a great product. They look awesome too.

Dusty

I actually have a 3 bolt (three groove) crank pulley that is HD cast iron...I've been saving for about 20 years. Kind of an odd part. Guess I ought to list it here...in case someone could put it to use.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
DO YOU know what that HD .CAST IRON came on ..thats what I'm running on mine ..I bought mine off ebay but didn't know what it fit ...The guy advertised it to be for the Bronco but it not but it does work ...

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
DO YOU know what that HD .CAST IRON came on ..thats what I'm running on mine ..I bought mine off ebay but didn't know what it fit ...The guy advertised it to be for the Bronco but it not but it does work ...

Honestly, I can't remember if I got it off an old van or a falcon/comet. Its been so long ago...and I got a lot of different parts that day. It was off a vehicle with air conditioning...I remember that.

It is a six inch diameter pulley 3 bolt 3 groove. It has a casting # on it somewhere, but I am going from memory. I have it in my shop...I'll have to look at it later.