• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Warn Premium Hub Fit Issues

ajl7742

Loc.
Cade, Louisiana
This probably sounds like a no-brainer, but I've got to get some opinions anyway. I just installed a new set of Warn premium hubs on my '74 dana 44. It all seemed to go normal until I tightened the socket head cap screws holding the outer part on. I now have a small gap (0.050" or so) between the warn hub locking assembly and the axle. It's been a while and I am not sure if this is acceptable or not. It seems to be well sealed but it just doesn't seem right. I know that on my '77 pickup it's a tight fit with no gap at all. Any insight would be helpful.

bludorbronc

I bought an o-ring twice the thickness and installed it and took all the gap. Also I couldn't torque the small cap screws without desroying the little o-rings, so I removed the o-rings and dabbed some silicone sealer on the screws and now every thing is sealed tite.

RT

Bronco Guru
I had the same thing with mine . I used a second o-ring to take up the gap some .Ran that way for years. Since then I've had to buy new hubs , and they now fit tight .

OP
OP
ajl7742

ajl7742

Loc.
Cade, Louisiana
Thanks.

I appreciate the feedback. I'll try some different o-rings and the silicon if need be. Just want to make sure nothing gets in there. This is the first set I've had that fits this way.