• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4-link housing problems!

fordrulz

I got a 4-link kit from Duffs a little while ago and am having some issues. The truss is for a D60 and when it is all set in place and put on the axle it sits almost three inches off centered on the drivers side. It is bolted on top of the housing with three bolts that go into the diff cover holes so it is not like I accidentally miss aligned it. When it is bolted up it is not centered. I am going to call them on Mon but was wondering if anyone might be using their d60 housing. It isn't hard to fix, just cut off the diff cover mounting plate and move it and then move the breather tube. Before I do this though I was hoping for some feedback. Thanks. I don't know how to post pics but I have some on my gallery of the truss.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
could this centering problem be because the truck axle pumkin is not centered but offset to the pass. side by 2 inches?

OP
OP
F

fordrulz

I measured the center section of the axle to the axle ends and it is centered. I then measured from the bottom coil plates on each side of the truss to the axle end and that is where the difference occured.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
My D70 is a bit longer on the driverside. Any easy check is to pull the axle shafts and measure them. I love being able to change shafts without pulling a tire!

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I don't have numbers with me, but measure yout offset on your 60.
If your 60 is from a Van, it would have a different offset.