• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installing lower rear window track?

mikewr

Loc.
Crested Butte
I am installig a new felt kit in my 68 bronco. I took it apart many years ago and I can't remember how it goes back together. The lower rear track mounting brackets seem to line up with a bolt hole near the bottom of the door and also with one of the bolt holes where the window frame attaches but it does not seem as thought this is correct. can anybody out there tell me the correct way to install it?

Last edited:

ugly74

Bronco abuser
somebody here may have some pics (I don't however),
but basically it just needs to be attached so that the guide is parallel with the edge of the glass.
I installed mine with the window installed, and used it to adjust where exactly the guides need to be.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I am installig a new felt kit in my 68 bronco. I took it apart many years ago and I can't remember how it goes back together. The lower rear track mounting brackets seem to line up with a bolt hole near the bottom of the door and also with one of the bolt holes where the window frame attaches but it does not seem as thought this is correct. can anybody out there tell me the correct way to install it?

It's been awhile since I was into a 68 door but it sounds like you held it up to the door and saw which holes to use. It'll go where it goes. Are you reusing the original lower tracks? I had issues with the after market lower track not being correct. A case of a part labeled 66-77 that should've been 69-77.