• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

8.8 rear disk swap

firemanbuttsy

Loc.
Northern VA
I have run a cross an explorer 8.8 with rear disks I here this is an easy and straight forward swap to put the brakes on a 9inch. Can any of you guys give me some input on this and is the brake booster system possibly of any use to me also. This donor is free so id like to score what I can off of it before we cut it apart.

65 mustang

Off the top of my head that explorer has rear ABS. yea you dont need it but... Does it also have the built in parking brake,into the rotor?Yea you dont need it but.Your probably going to redrill the bolts for mounting flange,if it will fit at all. The booster I got no clue. Free is allways Awesome, I'd probably pass. Just my 2 cents.

Scott

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
If you dont want to use it you can get it and sell it to a Jeep guy pretty easy, those are prefect for the Jeeps.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I know it has been covered greatly here in the past, 6 months ago?
The quick is the axle offset only matches up to 1 year (75?)
The rotors need to be redrilled.
Then the standard park brake cables and fluid lines.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
The disc brake kit you can buy from FRPP is the exact same thing that came on Exploders. You re-drill the rotors and a few minor things and they work just fine. I have never done a direct swap from one, but have used the FRPP kit many, many times with alot of success