• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

herculiner or durabark smoth

bjs254

Loc.
Newnan,GA
hi everyone glad to be here ! Id like to get opinions on a floor and bed coating I have replaced floor panels but its not a hack job .its a 66 uncut thanks

Hawkdoc

Very happy with my Durabak so far. Its not smooth which helped hide some blemishes.

Hawkdoc

ajl7742

Loc.
Cade, Louisiana
I used the Herculiner product on my '74 tub and in the back of my truck bed a few years back. I was easy enough to apply and get it to look good, but getting it to stick good was another issue. If you can give it enough time to completely cure, it's pretty tough, but it does take a while. A one gallon can is also not enough to put it on as thick as I would have liked. I also agree that I wouldn't put this stuff on an uncut '66, it is very rough to the touch, and like I said, once it's cured, there's no turning back. I would say that I am reasonably pleased with it for the price, but if I ever decide to do the inside of my daily driver, I am going to spend a few hundred dollars more and have it sprayed by Line-X. It is much thicker and harder and also seems to dampen the road noise a lot more.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I applied Durabak, and like said previously, mine is not smooth either, but I wasn't looking for smooth, so I've been happy with mine.

Amac70

ME
i used the u pol raptor on my latest rig. it is alot finer of a product over the herculiner. its comes out a very light orange peel. Don't have any good up close pics of it though.
bed.JPG

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I like the way that stuff looks. Mine's been sprayed with Bullhide already, but I'm curious as to what that cost you.

blwngsket

Loc.
Novato
I bought that same Raptor kit on e bay for about $100.00 with the gun to spray it. Pulling my cage today to start the tub prep.