• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel spacers - Loctite?

Dr. Bronc

Do any of you use loctite on the inner studs to keep the spacers on? Or how about anti-seize?
I can see how the inner studs could become corroded with water and dirt getting trapped behind the rim.

Those of you running spacers:

1st: What size spacer are you running?
2nd: Did you use loctite or anti-seize?

Thanks!

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
1.5's on all 4 corners. I used a the copper anti sieze because I had it. The place I bought mine from said to use anti-sieze and they should be fine. Mine have also never came loose at all.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I've had 1.5" spacers on all 4 corners for years. I use anti-seize because the inner studs did start to corrode the first year. I've never had any problem with them coming loose at all.

jlong1974

I've had 1.5" spacers on all 4 corners for years. I use anti-seize because the inner studs did start to corrode the first year. I've never had any problem with them coming loose at all.

Did you ever have problems with wheel bearings or your ball joints?

James

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Did you ever have problems with wheel bearings or your ball joints?

James

No. I flog my rig hard too. Usually replace the ball joints every couple of years and have never had any problem with bearings. While spacers do put more stress on front end parts it's no different than wheels with less backspacing.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I'm thinking of running some 1.25" spacers and am looking at the ones Poly Performance Inc. sells. What ones are you fold using. Seems you have had good luck with them so I'd like to get some that others have been using.

TIA

crankman

answer 1 : 1/2 spacers answer 2 : no anti seize or loctite no problems at all

jason

Loc.
harned, ky
ive been running 1.25s on all four corners with loc-tite for awhile, with no problems...

75bronco08

Loc.
sublimity,oregon
There is no point in it. If your spacers are torqued correctly and you use anti sieze, there will be no problems. Rule of thumb is the same amount of torque that applies to the wheels should apply to the spacers.

x2

all 4 corners 1.5. use anti sieze only and torque had them 3yrs never a problem.