• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake Bleeding Problems

kbronco

Need some help gents. I got my disc conversion done on the front and put on my new camaro master cylinder. I went to bleed the brakes and started on the pass. rear, then driver rear, pass. front, driver front. These were my results: pass. rear - no air bubbles, just fluid; driver rear - no air bubbles, just fluid; pass. front - nothing, no fluid, nothing; driver front - same as pass. front. What the heck is going on here. I took the front hoses off and a little fluid came out, but it didn't just pour out. I have good used lines and brand new calipers with the bleeders on the top side. HELP.

K

P.S. - The pedal still goes to the floor.

Last edited:

oc1

Try equalizing the proportioning valve, By pushing in on the front of the valve with a blunt punch to center the plunger inside the valve, to allow fluid to flow to the front line.

OP
OP
kbronco

kbronco

I'll give a little update on my progress, and also add that this is setup with the Astro hydroboost. I went back out and started the truck and had my wife work the pedal again and finally got some fluid spitting out of the front bleeders. I bled them all the way around again until I was getting just fluid, no bubbles. The pedal still goes to the floor and has a slower return than I'd like. I'll probably try taking the m/c back off and bench bleeding again, but I can't figure this one out. Also thought I'd add that I've never driven it with the hydroboost, so it's still in test/trial phases as well. I did the conversion like Madgyver did on his rig. Thanks for the input so far.

K

bludorbronc

When bench bleeding you should have lines screwed into the master cylinder and the lines bent into the top and below the surface of the fluid to make sure no air is sucked back in.Also when I bleed calipers I put a piece of hose on the bleeder screws and the other end in a jar of brake fluid so no air is sucked back up and can definily tell when no more air is coming out.

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
you can also try a vacuum bleeder. pulls fluid from the bleeder. pumps the fluid out through a tube. pump till no more bubbles. i have always had the best luck bench bleeding with tubes back into the reservoir. after hooking up the mc to the lines, i crack the bleeders and let fluid flow without pumping. do as bludorbronc suggests with the tube into a jar of fluid.

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
You can bleed the M/C while attached to truck. Just loosen each line like a bleeder screw. Keep up until nothing but clean fluid passes. If you just bleed on the bench, there is still air in the lines, so have to be bled anyway.