• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine sits crooked

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just mounted my motor and it is crooked. The nose points toward the passenger side.
From frame rail to oil pan:
rear engine- Pass side=5 3/4 " Driver side=7 1/4"
Front engine- pass side=5 1/4" Driver side= 7 1/4"

Do I have the mounts Bass Ackwards? Doesn't seem Like I can put them on backwards. Maybe I have 2 of the same side? Maybe I'm just plain nuts?!
Thanks, BI

70_Steve

Old Guy
The motor mounts are the same. They mount either side. The engine is offset to the passenger's side normally. Never bothered to measure, but 2" sounds about right.

la77

Loc.
Alexandria LA
do you have long tube headers on it? happened to me and later figured out that the passenger side tubes were hitting the frame. I immagine you checked for anything binding like that but you never know. nothing sticking out on the back of the heads ( newer EFI engines have that egr stuff sticking off the back.
could be some crappy crooked mounts. made in china etc.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
What 70_Steve said. The whole engine is offset to the pasenger side. The tunnel is offset as well. Measure the widths of the passenger and drivers floors. There is a big difference. There is only 1/2 inch difference in your measurements (passenger side) and this is well within the tolerance of the motor mounts and allowable adjustment. I think you're OK.