• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator?? Bronco house or radiator shop??

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
I need to get a radiator (dont have a core) and was wondering if anyone has used any of the bronco house units or if you just get one from a local radiator shop. I mentioned it to a local radiator guy and he seemed kinda turned off since I dont have a core or know the measurements. Speaking of that anyone got the measurements? It will go in front of a 302/C4, mostly street driving and light trails. Thanks

Matt

Mherriford

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
I have had much better luck locally rather than one of the vendors, maybe somebody local to you has an old radiator the guy could copy or recore

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I've bought two four core units from Tom's. Both had to be repaired a year from purchase and were just junk. I got my last and best one from my local shop. It is a three core staggered tube that fits into the stock mounts. I needed the space for the Vintage Air. It works really good.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p I would suggest getting it loco as if there is a problem you can go right to him. I have had the best luck going this way good luck.;D ;D ;D Bill %) :p :D

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I'm running one I got from Advanced Auto for either 219.00 or 259.00, I can't remember now. But it has a lifetime warranty, so if I ever have a problem I can just swap it out locally for as long as I own my Bronco, which will be forever, and it's a quality radiator.

I had to wait until the following morning to pick it up after I ordered, as it was not in stock. But it has never given me a lick of trouble and I can highly recommend.

Prices do vary depending on location, and here is a link about that:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95450

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
chuck uses stock cores for his. so you'll have to pay a core charge since you don't have one to send in.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I use the stock tanks and straps so it will fit in the stock mounts but the core is very different from stock. You can read about it on my site if interested.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
You may be too expensive to ship, but I have my old radiator (leaks) that you can have if you want it. It's the stock 3-Core I believe.

I bought a 4-core from JBG and haven't had any problems yet, but I don't drive mine very often either.

-Chad