• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Filling old holes

ocsoorlando

Loc.
Orlando
There are a few old unused holes in the floorboard that I need to fill. How can I do this, I dont have access to a welder and even if I did I would probably burn up the EB.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Fiberglass patch depend on the size of the holes..

If it is big than go with a sheet metan patch and screw it in place..

73explorer

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
click on the link to the left for POR15 - they make a product (a few actually) that will do exactly what you want. i use the POR PUTTY. - its mean stuff!

TN1776

Bronco Guru
What is your end-goal? If you just want to seal the holes up and are not concerned as much with appearance and are not worried about prep for a spray-in liner, I'd say some silicone caulk would do the trick. My rig had lots of silicone caulk in bolt holes from some previous owner who had the vehicle carpeted at some point. It'd be a cheap and easy fix.

BamaBronc

Loc.
Alabama
I have seen people use pop-rivets to fill small holes and on larger holes with a washer.

IF I chose to do this, I would use some seam sealer and aluminum rivets to combat rust issues.

As was said, do this only if asthetics is not an issue.

My 2 cents.

OP
OP
ocsoorlando

ocsoorlando

Loc.
Orlando
Thanks for all the ideas. I have a buddy that lives in Titusville and he is going to stop by the POR distributor and get the putty