• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake lines to MS ?

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
1976 EB with factory power brakes .
I have a silly question about the front brake lines where they bolt to the master cly . I know that the large reservoir is for the front disc brakes but which line coming off of the powerbrake distribution block goes to the front brakes . One line has a larger fitting and one is smaller . The mastercly has a small and large hole . But when I bleed the brakes it seemed that I had them backwards . I feel stupid with as many old Mustangs that I have restored I dont know this but I have never had one with power brakes . ?:?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The combination block on the frame rail is front to front and rear to rear, not oppsite like the MC. The line front the large reservoir (rear port) on the MC goes to the vertical inlet port in front of the brake balance switch. The angled port in front of that is the outlet port for the front brakes.

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
The combination block on the frame rail is front to front and rear to rear, not oppsite like the MC. The line front the large reservoir (rear port) on the MC goes to the vertical inlet port in front of the brake balance switch. The angled port in front of that is the outlet port for the front brakes.[/QUOT

I do have them backwards .:mad:
Why do they have the large hole on the master cly on the rearbrake side of the MS and the small hole on the front . I guess I have to get adaptors to swap the lines .
Thanks