• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

door lock problem

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
The other day I was at the hospital visiting a friend. When I left I unlock the passanger door and the key was stuck in it. The door unlocked but my key was stuck. I pulled the door panel off and eventually got the tumbler out after breaking the mounting plate that holds the lock to the rods. I guess my question is can I get new guts for the door. I know I need to get a new lock and ignition set but I can't find the piece that looks like an 8 that holds everything together. I think I need to go back to anger managment. If it wasn't a 96 deg. day in a parking lot in downtown Memphis I may not have broken stuff. Or I need to cary an extra ignition key so this won't happen again. I could have driven home with a key in the door.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
It will come witht he lock set, typically. As well, these can usually be found in the help section of the parts houses. Good luck.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
A locksmith can re-key the new cylinder to match the others if you only want to replace the one.