• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Panel Repair

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I have been wanting to try this procedure so here it is. I couldn't see paying the price for the 3M system. Adhesive was $48 and the special gun to use it was $125. Eastwood has this kit and the adhesive is $19.99 and uses an adapter for regular caulking gun. So figured I'd try it. Actually was rather pleased. I feel this is def. a good option for people who have no welder. The epoxy seals the flange so no rust.

Attachments

• Panel repair 001small.jpg
    Panel repair 001small.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Panel repair 003small.jpg
    Panel repair 003small.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Panel repair 004small.jpg
    Panel repair 004small.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Panel repair 005small.jpg
    Panel repair 005small.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Panel repair 006small.jpg
    Panel repair 006small.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 99

Tuff68

Loc.
Hermitage, TN
Explorer,
That look great. What is the name of the item @ Eastwoods.
I have a couple of places that I don't want to use the welder and that stuff would do the trick.

OP
OP
Explorer

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Explorer,
That look great. What is the name of the item @ Eastwoods.
I have a couple of places that I don't want to use the welder and that stuff would do the trick.

The kit# is 31102. I already had most of the stuff, used my air flanger and just had to buy adhesive, countersunk rivets.