• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

disc conversions aren't fun either- bolts won't tighten

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
OMG. :mad: why do none of my millions of instructions tell how to get the OLD assembly off?! so far i've taken off the warn outer hub or whatever the hell it's called. oh, and i pried out a snap ring on the outside of the hub thing. i can't even figure out what the next step is.

Last edited:

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Have you got a laptop in the garage with you?! Or are you just that quick at running in and out of the house?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Did you get the spindle nut off? Do you have a spindle nut tool?

I love having my laptop with me when I work on the bronco, especially when I'm underneath it and the neighbors walk by.

OP
OP
73AnneBoleyn

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
this may sound weird, but i don't think there was any spindle nut. ?:? everything came off, but there was no nut that required a special tool.

OP
OP
73AnneBoleyn

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
there's no digging required. spindle came off. no special tools required.

seriously, i'm about a heartbeat away from calling a tow truck and scrapping this POS. two of the bolts that lock the spindle and backing plate onto the knuckle will not thread. i mean, they just won't tighten down.

i hate my truck.

OP
OP
73AnneBoleyn

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
here is the new spindle and backing plate on. the bolts at 3 o'clock and 7 o'clock won't tighten.

Attachments

• newspindleandbackingplate.jpg
    newspindleandbackingplate.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 65