• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake issue

ocsoorlando

Loc.
Orlando
I have searched the past posts for bleeding issues and still have not been able to figure mine out. I just installed the horsepower power brake kit. I bench bled the mc, I have checked for leaks at all connections and cannot find any. The pedal will firm up a little when bleeding without the engine running. As soon as I start it up the pedal goes to the floor. I tried bleeding it while running and it will not firm up at all. When I bleed it w/out running no air comes out, just fluid. With running, cant get any pressure to push fluid out. I do still have the front on jack stands but it is fairly level. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did not get a proportioning valve, disc in frnt drum in rear.

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I have the same kit and mine goes pretty low upon starting, but not that low. It'll put you through the windshield if you stomp on it. I would call the guy at Horsepower sales and get his opinion. I need to call him as well, since my MC won't stop leaking at the front port. Good luck!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Sounds to me like there's still air in the mc. I'd re-blead it on the truck.

javilamfd

Loc.
Modesto, CA
I finished my install 2 weeks ago. Similar problem. Pedal felt mushy all the way to the floor when running. Bench bled the MC several times, power bled the system, and bleeders were pointing up. Started with the furthest tire, PR, DR, PF, DF, bleeding and finally had a brake shop power bleed the system. Problem still existed. I finally changed out the MC, $20, and the pedal is now nice and firm. There is a tech article on here, has the parts list and part #. Got the MC part number from it. Let me search for it and I will post it for you.

Good luck.

OP
OP
ocsoorlando

ocsoorlando

Loc.
Orlando
Thanks for all the help, I bench bled the MC about four different times, no bubbles whatsoever. Hooked all the lines up but still had alot of air. I disconnected the MC again and bench bled it again and reconnected the new lines back up to the H block. got air but then solid fluid on the back tires. Very little air on the front two. Took the tires off again, removed the calipers and turned them a little to get the incoming line and bleeder screws more at 12 o clock, got a little more air out of the front lines. Putting everything back together now to see if that worked. And no, the bleeder screws are on top, i dont have them reversed.