• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

timing pointer

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have a 5.0 Mustang motor with the explorer front serpentine setup and just realized I never installed the timing pointer. Which makes me want to remember that I couldn't use the explorer timing pointer on the mustang block for some reason.

For those of you that are running the same explorer serpentine on the mustang motor, which timing pointer did you use?

Thanks Ben

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Explorer. It bolts to the exp timing cover. You may have to remove the alt bracket to get it on.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Damn, I am not sure I got one when I bought the explorer setup here on CB. I think I kept the mustang pointer and it wouldn't work which makes more sense come to think of it.

Ben

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The exp timing pointer goes on the passenger side of the balancer and has a crank position sensor incorporated with it. You don't need to hook the sensor to anything though.