• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you think?

capt. bronco

In my '76 bronco i've got a'70 302 its gonna need to be bored 30 over to clean up one cyl. Probably could get away with less but pistons seem hard to find. I was just glad the block had never been bored before. I will bore all cylinders obviously. Im gonna reuse rods and crank and get new pistons. I was thinking of running a lunati cam #638-61002lk and get afr heads part# 033-1402 and edelbrock 2121 intake. Or should I just get the edelbrock kit with heads and all? My motor guy likes the specs of the lunati cam but doesn't think i will like the cam that comes with the edelbrock perfomer kit. The edelbrock kit is cheaper but cheaper is not always better.This truck has half cab and stock 350 gears with c4 auto and will have 33" tires eventually right now it has 32 duellers on it with 3.5" lift.I will be using this to commute to work (10 miles one way)and to hunt in. Also where is the best place price wise to pick stuff up besides jegs and summit?All replies appreciated.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
3.50 gears and 33's will make anything a little sluggish off the line. But highway cruising hould be fine. With that gearing the Edelbrock performer cam (or http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM-K3600&autoview=sku which has the same specs as http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-2122&autoview=sku )would probably help in the low end a little more.

Best deal I ever pulled off was to order a temp sensor that was 6 months backlogged from Summit. I would just call up and add more parts to the order. Since it was an existing order and not a new one I could just keep adding to it without paying the "handling fee". Summit and Jeg's generally have the best price as they are so huge they can sell for little margin and still live. It is hard for any other shop to compare. But I did have a circle track shop in the middle of Kansas that did me right. But they have since folded.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Pistons are everywhere for 302's yes .030 are more common but its usually only a matter of saying I want .020 pistons. Summit racing or jegs usually has the best deals around. But you may also want to see what your machince shop can do they can be competive and usually discount parts because your getting the machince work done. You cam choice should be fine I run a crane cam with similar specs but I do have a NP435 so low end loss is not noticed but the engine feels real torquey so I dont really think there is much lowend loss if any.

OP
OP
capt. bronco

capt. bronco

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their opinions gonna put in my order tonight probably. I think jegs has the heads in stock gonna be a big order. Thanks, Randy