• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

STAK 3 speed B-Box questions

misterkeebler

this question is for the guys with B-Boxes installed in their rigs. i have the 3 speed b-box w/ 4.33,1.0,.79 gearing, 1350 yokes, and vss. my body is off of my bronco and im stretching the wheelbase and doing that whole gig, but my question is how does the stak box fit in the bronco? it looks like a tight fit, i was hoping to be able to clock it flat, but i think it might hit the body or the frame rail. im running a 435 so i dont think it will hit the tranny, i know to clock it up i will need a new tranny mount so the front yoke wont hit the old crossmember. how low below the frame does it hang? how does everyone like it? any gripes? im looking forward to getting mine put in.
by the way, anyone else have this problem? i ordered mine with the 28 spline input so i could bolt it up to my factory adapter, and the inner bore on the input shaft seal housing(also the clocking ring) was supposed to slide over the bearing housing on the adapter but the bore on the t case input was too small. i ended up taking the clocking ring off and putting it in the lathe to open it up. everything turned out good but it was just annoying considering it was supposed to be designed to bolt up. any experiences or insight is appreciated,
jonas

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It will just fit if it's clocked flat.
loosen your motor mounts and center your transfer case when you build your crossmember......