• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What shock length for Bilsteins?

BLUE72

What length 5125 should I put on the rear of my bronco using the stock mounts.?I have a 2inch body lift and a 3 1/2 inch suspension lift. 12inch or 14inch?

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
Stock mounts on the arms or in front of the axle? If you plan on using alot of the compression stroke in medium speed offroad stuff your probably better with the 12". I run the 12's myself and had to set up a decent bump stop to prevent them from bottoming out on whoops. 14's would have been too long for my 4.5" lift. Event the 7100 short bodies.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I used to bottom out 10 inch bilstiens until I got a properly mounted extended bumpstop. Now I run the 12 inch shortbodies and I'm right at the edge. They have the same compressed length as the 10 inch shocks.
I think you will be destroying shocks with a regular 12 inch bilstien and stock mounts.
Get the Duff or Cage body lift mount and the 12 inchers should be just fine.
Tom

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
Best way is to measure the shock mounting points..the installed ride height, compressed and extended flexed capabilities of your EB and with those measurements its possible to pick the correct shock..

If you can provide those measurements I'll let you know your options and get you prices.