• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ignition

gpete

I had a MSD 6al box and the pro-billet distributor after the 6al box went bad i put the stock ford points distributor back in and carry a set of points and condenser with me. In my opinion unless you are on a race track that is the only time i see any reason for any aftermarket ignition system, they are good when they are working but when they break you can be left stranded. Old school break down insurance points and carbs

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
A duraspark would be pretty easy to convert back to points in a pinch but it's a lot easier to just carry an extra module. I converted a points dizzy to duraspark on my 72.

OP
OP
G

gpete

A duraspark would be pretty easy to convert back to points in a pinch but it's a lot easier to just carry an extra module. I converted a points dizzy to duraspark on my 72.
How was that done?

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
go with pertronix ignitorII.if it goes bad in the field just put your points back in.you use your old points dist.well worth the money...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I agree with you unless you have a high compression or super/turbo charged engine aftermarket boxes are unneeded. Durasparks are pretty darn relieable and usually start giving you signs before totally dieing. Not to mention parts are availible everywhere.