• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stumble Fixed!!!!!!!

Bucky

Loc.
New Bern, NC
Ok, so a little back ground on the issue, had a TA-470, everytime you hammer the Accelerator it would stumble. Once it got off idle, it would run pretty good. Called Holley and they said it was too small!
So Holley switched it out for a Street Avenger 570. Had to re-route all the fuel lines due to the duel feed of the SA! During the test drive, it was doing the same thing!
So back to square one!
Crate 302, GT-40P Heads
Edelbrock Preformer RPM Air Gap Intake
All New MSD 8.5 Plug Wires
BCB Headers
MSD Pro Billet Ready to Run Distributor(Currently Have the 2 Heavy Silver Springs installed. Seemd to run the best after idle!)
3.50 Gears, 32 Inch Tires(I know this is not good for the problem I have, but before I starting restoring it, it ran really strong wiht this combo)

BAD SPARK PLUG WIRE ON ONE CYLINDER AND A BAD SPARK PLUG ON ANOTHER!!!!
Nothing like a 6 cylinder V-8!!!

Timing at 11 degress, 32 degress total in by 3200 RPM. I currently have a 50cc Accelerator, and a .28 Discharge Nozzle. No hesitation runs Great!! Time to move on to the next project!

To all those who said something else was wrong, you were right! Live and Learn!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!