• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 wd NV 4500

Rockin69er

I have a chance to get a NV 4500 out of a 1994 3/4 ton 2wd Dodge truck. It is from my work and has a bad motor and looks like hell. It is a gas motor not the diesel. Is this the one I want for my Bronco?

70_Steve

Old Guy
From Advance Adapters site:

The Dodge NV4500 adapter to the Bronco Dana 20 is 1.00” in length. And the overall length of this transmission and adapter is 19.50”. Adapter material is 356 T6 heat treated aluminum alloy. The adapter kit includes a Bronco Dana 20 adapter plate, spud shaft with 23 internal spline, t-case shifter bracket, bearing retainer, bearing, snap ring, gaskets, seal, o-ring, fastening hardware, and adapter instructions.

Transfer Case

The adapter assembly will fit any 1966-77 Bronco Dana 20 transfer case. This adapter will only work with the “T” style shifter.

Transmission

The adapter kit is designed for exclusive use with the Dodge 4WD NV4500 transmission with a 23 spline output shaft.

Options

1966-77 Bronco owners, we manufacture a new structural member that fits between your frame rails.

716000-4 Crossmember.
716101-2 Rubber crossmember mount.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
It would need some stuff, 4x4 tail-housing and most likely a different shaft. If its getting rebuilt anyway, it may not be a big deal to order these parts. Talk to a good manual tranny shop that likes trucks and ask them about rebuild cost if you supply this core vs a 4x4 core. Good luck.

OP
OP
Rockin69er

Rockin69er

The adapter kit is designed for exclusive use with the Dodge 4WD NV4500 transmission with a 23 spline output shaft.

Thats what I was afraid of :cry: :cry: Thank Steve.

I will probably get it anyway since it is almost free. Aways good for trading material.