• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pre-Runner Rear Fenders!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I know a few of you have been waiting quite a while for these, well we're finally getting close to having them ready. In fact I should have some spy photos by Thursday, which I will post in this thread. Here are a few details: They will match our front pre-runner fenders in style, wheel opening size, etc. They will have a 4" flare (the fronts are 6"). They will be an overlay for the entire bedside from the edge of the doorpost to the taillight housing, and will include the taillight housing. You can overlay them on an intact tub (after cutting away the lower quarter section) or you can install them by themselves on a tubular structure, rock buggy, race vehicle, etc. Taillight holes will be uncut so you can cut them yourself for either the stock taillight or a truck/trailer LED taillight. There is no gas filler hole, you will have to cut your own wherever you want it (use one of those billet caps to peg the bling-meter). The fenders can be fastened either with Dzus tabs or with epoxy. They will be high gloss white gelcoat like our front fenders, but will be available by special order in black gelcoat (as will the fronts).

We have a waiting list for these that we've been accumulating for a couple of years. Once the fenders are ready we'll work through the waiting list first. If you want to get on the list or make sure you're already on it, drop me a line. (Scott I already got you down--you're at the head of the line!). Pricing hasn't been set yet because we don't know the final tooling costs yet.

Tune in Thursday to see the spy pics.

Dusty

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
;D :-* :-X :eek: :D :) ;) BITCHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

There aren't enough damn smilies!

Just let me know when you need the money Dusty.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Sweet, i know that that are going to better than the alternative supplier.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Hmmmmmm... I like the sound of that Dusty;D ;D ;D

White or black gelcoat with the corners "Bilt" in and dzus fasteners.

I'll be waiting to see how they look ;)

howiebilt

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Man, have you ever wished your rear quarters were in WORSE condition? I am VERY interested in seeing these. It may push me over the edge and cut the rear further!
Dennis

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Screw the condition of your quarters dnewman9...you know you want these. :)

As soon as they are available and I receive mine I'll be working to get them installed.

I'll be glassing them in rather than dzus.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I know, I know! I have a bunch of other WCB stuff on my truck I really think I NEED these! I am slowly working myself into it, I just want to see how they mount.

Today is Thursday, maybe a little early in CA, but we need pics!!!!
Dennis

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
OK, here we go as promised. The parts in the photos are the plugs from which the molds will be made. They do not fit snugly onto the Bronco bedside because they have bracing on the backside, but we placed them on the truck anyhow to give you an idea. The plugs are not done yet, they still need a little further shaping and smoothing before they're ready to cast the molds. I hope to have the first actual parts ready by next Friday to show off at Bronco Daze.

FWIW, we're very excited about them so far. They are turning out exactly as we wanted, which is basically a rear version of our front fenders.

DSCN7125.jpg

DSCN7126.jpg

DSCN7127.jpg

DSCN7128.jpg

DSCN7129.jpg

DSCN7130.jpg

DSCN7131.jpg

DSCN7132.jpg

DSCN7133.jpg

DSCN7134.jpg

DSCN7135.jpg

DSCN7136.jpg

DSCN7137.jpg

DSCN7138.jpg

Dusty

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Dusty,
What metal on the factory tub would need to be cut off with these quarters?
Thanks
Dennis

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

If the first parts are ready next week....when do you think you can ship the first customer parts?

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Dusty,
What metal on the factory tub would need to be cut off with these quarters?
Thanks
Dennis

They are being designed to fit without removing any of the stock sheetmetal. However, the intention is that you remove the lower quarter section (below the body line/seam). You would need to leave a 2" strip just behind the doorpost though to install the Dzus tabs or glass/epoxy to. The entire bedside will overlay the stock bedside as a shell.

If you look closely you'll notice that the flare ends just before the vertical seam at the taillight housing. If you wanted, you could cut the pre-runner fender along that seam and leave the fiberglass corner out. You would have a slight step-down where the thickness of the fiberglass ends at that seam. But we did it this way for those who would prefer not to overlay the metal corner. But the corner is there on the fiberglass part in case you DO want to overlay it, or are skinning a buggy or tube chassis in which case you need the corner.

Dusty

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

If the first parts are ready next week....when do you think you can ship the first customer parts?

If we approve the first article that I hope to see next friday, production pieces will begin immediately (available to ship the following week). I do anticipate, however, that we will want to do some fine tuning so I would guess it will be a couple of weeks still.

Dusty