• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New at WCB: DIY Rockcrawler (4x4x2) Power Steering Kit

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Looking to do a rock-solid power steering upgrade on a budget? You can assemble your own Rockcrawler power steering gearbox using parts from the junkyard or donor vehicles. Also known as the "4X4X2" steering box, this conversion consists of using a 78/79 Bronco or F150 4X4 steering gear, and reversing its rotation by swapping in the worm gear and valve housing from an '80s Ford pickup, Bronco or Ranger. This kit makes the conversion easier by providing several key components: WCB’s Rockcrawler gearbox adapter plate for making the install an easy bolt-on, a correct high pressure hose to match the fitting on the Rockcrawler box, and a rebuild/reseal kit for the steering box conversion.

20739a-400.jpg

There are also several options available to make the conversion even easier, such as a steering u-joint and non-indexed drop pitman arm. The regular price of the basic kit is just $99.95, but for a limited time (through the end of October) we're offering it for an introductory price of $79.95--save $20! Check it out on our website to order.

In addition, we've just posted our "Rockcrawler Steering Bible" on our website, with complete instructions on doing your own Rockcrawler conversion. Check it out!

Dusty

Rockin69er

I have two of your 4x4x2 boxes (one for the rock ram) and a used F-150 box AND a 80's 2wd box. With a kit like that at that price people with think I am a vendor!!! All I need is more broncos. Great idea for a kit!!

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
We're now giving one of these away in the Bronco Chat section. Enter there for a shot at a free one! Sale price will continue through the end of October.

Dusty

broncnut

We're now giving one of these away in the Bronco Chat section. Enter there for a shot at a free one! Sale price will continue through the end of October.

Dusty

Great idea Dusty. I'll have to get one of those the next time im in your neck of the woods.

Dan76

Wow great idea, I'm going to have to do some more research on this. If WCB keeps releasing new stuff at this rate I'm going to have to pickup a second job!