• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what is this ???????????????????

2monkeyboys

i was in a junk yard last weekend saw this on a 1970 bronco not sure what its for ??????????????????????????/

ok thx next question how does the tire rack hook up to this bracket

Attachments

• Picture 091.jpg
    Picture 091.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Bracket for the a spare tire rack to attach to.
Came on my 69.
Bolted to passenger's side quarterpanel above the rear tire.
See the discolored spot?

Attachments

• DSCN3576.JPG
    DSCN3576.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
It allowed you to lock the spare either at the back of the truck, or rotate it so that it would lock onto the pass side of the truck as well.

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
I read a previous post about this, and somebody called it a farm hand, and attaches to the side, or the rear of the rig.

P9170030.jpg

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
I agree,it is so you can cruise on the farm with the tailgate down.Same reason for the flip license plate.

69 Fl. Bronc

I agree,it is so you can cruise on the farm with the tailgate down.Same reason for the flip license plate.

Thats great. I just got a 4wheeler that I think will fit in my bronco. I thought I could'nt do it because of the plate. How funny.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The early tire racks have a small bracket with a hole in it for the bolt to pass through and bolt to this bracket. The early racks also have a spare tire support bracket that would unbolt so you coud flip it to the other side of the rack, the later supports are welded on.

uncle ray

the farm hand bracket is very rare, get it fixed up and bolted on

i assume that it's one of those rare options that nobody wants so they aren't worth much? am i wrong and sitting on a mini gold mine?;D

i took mine off, figured it'd just be a rock magnet on the trail. well that and i doubt a 37" tire would hang very well off the side of the bronco!

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't say they are that rare I have seen alot of broncos with them, I have had several myself.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
if you want to unload it let me know. i'd like to put one oon the camper and get the tire off the front

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
i assume that it's one of those rare options that nobody wants so they aren't worth much? am i wrong and sitting on a mini gold mine?;D

i took mine off, figured it'd just be a rock magnet on the trail. well that and i doubt a 37" tire would hang very well off the side of the bronco!

lol and that could cause the bronco lean;D