• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater question?

TOOL

Loc.
Sparks
I have done the heater upgrade and now I only have one speed on my motor what did I do wrong? The speed is high no low.

Thanks Dave

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Do you have a multimeter? Check the resistor for continuity and also check for power at the resistor. I think the red is power in (12 volts), the orange is power to motor (less than 12 volts).

OP
OP
T

TOOL

Loc.
Sparks
I have the upgraded motor. There is one wire going to the blower motor along with the ground. 2 wires on the resistor red and orange only have two prongs on the resistor.

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
the orange wire by-passes the res.red into res-red out of res red and orange tied together at out put of res.res may be open.as said by someone else here.may also a bad sw.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
off-high-high
Someone bypassed the resistor

off-off-high
Resistor is not working or a bad switch

To test the resistor, put in low fan speed and check voltage at both terminals. The wire from the switch should be just under battery voltage, say 12V. Voltage on the other terminal should be 9V or so. Anything under 12V really. If both sides of the resistor are the same, there is bad wiring from the resitor to the motor. If both sides are 0V it is a bad switch or bad wiring to the switch.