• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Weird Centech problem.

Scrapper_MV

I installed the Centech harness but had not yet installed the the MSD ignition when I went through the test procedure in their instructions. Everything worked accept for a burned out bulb in the front left turn signal. So I thought everything was good.

Then I disconnected the battery and installed the MSD, the new bulb and tightened up a few loose wires.

When I re-connected the battery the front left turn signal started flashing, I figured that I had left the turn signal on. But it was not the turn signal. That light kept flashing no matter what I did. I turned the turn signal left and then right and then off, it kept flashing. I turned the hazard light switch off and on and it kept flashing. I disconnected the turn signal connector at the steering column and it kept flashing. (The hazard switch is in the new Flaming River column). I turned the key off and on and to the accessory position and that damn light kept flashing. Finally I took out the fuse labeled "Hazard/Stop lights" and finally the f'n light stopped flashing, but now I have no brake lights or hazard lights.

WTF???

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Fast way to solve it - call Jim at Centech - he'll walk you through testing it. Basically, you've got power going somewhere it shouldn't - either feedback through a wonky ground or shorting. My bet is on a ground. Check the power terminals at the circuit board - make sure they're not touching the board somewhere they shouldn't (happened to mine from packing in the box). Recheck grounds. Got a test light or multimeter?

OP
OP
S

Scrapper_MV

Fast way to solve it - call Jim at Centech - he'll walk you through testing it. Basically, you've got power going somewhere it shouldn't - either feedback through a wonky ground or shorting. My bet is on a ground. Check the power terminals at the circuit board - make sure they're not touching the board somewhere they shouldn't (happened to mine from packing in the box). Recheck grounds. Got a test light or multimeter?

That's what I'm gonna do. Jim has already been very helpful, I'm sure he will be again. But I work and live on the west coast, it's hard to call him before 2PM.