• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

clear/green windshield glass

3T

For those of you who have purchased a new windshield lately, how different is the green vs. the clear?

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
I've been wondering about that myself. I thought that since the windshield is so low the tint might make seeing out even more annoying. Seems alright though?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I went with the green glass package. Its nice. Its really not very dark; you could still use some tint on the glass, if you want privacy. But its better than clear...and if you have to/need to replace it anyway...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Not a real big differance but it is a little better than clear glass. I'd go with the green tint again.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I replaced my clear stock glass with the green tint stuff and I love it. Fit perfect also. I purchased mine from Duff.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
Are you talking about a green tint....or something else? Where do you suggest buying the tinted options?

if you want simple off the shelf go with the green.
i actually have my own glass cut out of grey tint that is a tad darker than the green. i buy it in bulk to make it cost effective. one thing i also like is that all the glass panles now are laminated. safer and far less mess if you ever have a window broken.
my glass guy told me many of the newer cars are going this way.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
if you want simple off the shelf go with the green.
i actually have my own glass cut out of grey tint that is a tad darker than the green. i buy it in bulk to make it cost effective. one thing i also like is that all the glass panles now are laminated. safer and far less mess if you ever have a window broken.
my glass guy told me many of the newer cars are going this way.

The azure tint is super super nice too. Luckily I have a connection on whatever tint I want ;D

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I am dredging this topic back up as I am getting ready to order a new windshield.

My Truck is Blue & White with white dash, blue gauge lighting, black carpet, black & blue seats, black soft top with dark smoke tinted windows. Should I go clear or green tint (the only two colors available locally)? I am thinking that the green tint may clash with all the blue and black.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Ask about the azure tint, would go perfect. Ask around you should be able to find it. Otherwise I'd do clear.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I can't see how that faint of a tint could clash with anything. It's not like you're putting on purple limo tint. :cool:

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I had all new glass cut for my truck. Got the green tinted windshield (wish I had looked into the gray though) Vent windows limo black, side windows dark gray, hardtop glass limo black.

I had a clear windshield installed on my 78. The green tint is better on bright days. The clear really does make it brighter inside.

Louie

Bronco Guru
I can't see how that faint of a tint could clash with anything. It's not like you're putting on purple limo tint. :cool:

X2. It's barely noticable if at all unless the sun is shining through. I think it looks the way it's supposed to no matter what the color scheme is. It's worth the extra few bucks by cutting down the glare.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I ended up ordering the green. I couldn't get any other other color down here in South Florida. Every glass place I called showed the clear as special order only. Hopefull they will be installing the glass tomorrow morning.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I ended up ordering the green. I couldn't get any other other color down here in South Florida. Every glass place I called showed the clear as special order only. Hopefull they will be installing the glass tomorrow morning.

I think you did the right thing. I live in sunny Texas and have been to FL many, many times. The clear windshield would have been less pleasant to drive.
Read ---> :cool: :cool: :cool: