• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power brake ???

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
I have a 93 bronco doner vehicle. It has power disk brakes in it. Will that master cylinder fit into my 68? And do you think i can convert the front brakes over? I am doing a fame off and dont have the body on yet so i cant begin to tell if it will fit. Also will be replacing the front end with a d44 or d60, so does either one work with the bronco discs? And yes i am looking for a disc front end, but maybe i can save money getting an older drum and switch the barkes....???? What about if i want to do a hydrolic assist? Obviously not too much knowledge about the brakes.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While the 93 MC will bolt on you will need to build/modify a brake pushrod for it. The 93 front brakes will not work on the D30 or D44. so your out of luck there. You best bet might be to do the ch#vy conversion as it fits both the D30 and D44 so once you find a D44 you could swap the brakes over. Hboost is usually pretty straigh forward I wouldnt even be looking that far ahead until you figure out what direction your going in and find out if you actually need it. Might want to check the links section to the left of the page there are a lot of write ups that can or should pretty much answer all your questions or at least give you a place to referance.