• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lincoln rear disk brakes/ parking brake

onebadd73

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca.
Hi everyone, I have a set of 76 lincoln mark V disc brakes. I also have a set of wild horses extended parking brake cables. My question is how do I attach the cables to the rear calipers? Any pics would be very appreciated..
Thanks

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I am running the Lincoln rears, but do not have the e-brake hooked up, nor did I get the Lincoln e-brake cables with all the parts I bought. Aren't the extended lines from WH for drum brakes? Do your calipers have the E-brake actuating levers on them? If I were you, I would see if a local parts store has a Lincoln e-brake cable in stock to see what the fitting on the caliper end looks like. If it is significantly different than the ones from WH. I have no idea what the solution would be.

On the calipers themselves, there is a cam that the cables attach to. I believe the cams are removable, so you may not even have the parts you need to hook the cables to.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am going to pick up a 1977 Lincoln Versailles in the next couple days, tomorrow hopefully. When I get it home I will take some pics and maybe shed some light on the subject.

OP
OP
onebadd73

onebadd73

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca.
My brakes calipers came with the e-brake actuating levers. I can get the end of the cable on to the levers, just not sure how to make a mount for cable. My other problem might be the cables not being long enough since I pushed my rear end back 6"s.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
My brakes calipers came with the e-brake actuating levers. I can get the end of the cable on to the levers, just not sure how to make a mount for cable. My other problem might be the cables not being long enough since I pushed my rear end back 6"s.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

The Lincolns that used those brakes had a tab welded to the axle housing to serve as a cable stop. You could do that, but there is a real slick solution out there if they're still available.

Sandy Cone, rear end builder extraordinaire in the off road racing world used to sell a set of brackets to accomplish exactly what you need. They're about 1/8" thick and fit between the bearing retainer and the caliper bracket. They have a hole in them for the cable stop. Back when I bought mine probably a dozen years ago, they were either $8 each, or $8 a pair; in any case -cheap. I looked through my photo albums here quickly looking for a photo of them but I couldn't find any.

Here's Sandy's website: www.coneindustries.com. There's nothing on his site about them but give him a call, describe the brakes you have and the brackets and I'll bet he'll have some.

HTH,
Todd Z.

67u13

Loc.
austin texas
me too. I got this set up for free from a junkyard right before they crushed the car and did not get the housing or the tabs.

ak68

Great Guy!

I talked with Sandy Cone today about brackets for my Mark V parking brake and he is sending me a set today. He said just send him a check when I get the brackets and try them. They are still the same price Todd paid. How many people will do that today?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I talked with Sandy Cone today about brackets for my Mark V parking brake and he is sending me a set today. He said just send him a check when I get the brackets and try them. They are still the same price Todd paid. How many people will do that today?

Not many! But that's how Sandy is - a true old-school business gentleman.

Todd Z.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Thanks for the tip Todd I gave sandy a email hopefully it will make everyones life a little easier.
TOFIC

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the tip Todd I gave sandy a email hopefully it will make everyones life a little easier.
TOFIC

TOFIC: Sandy is old-school enough that I don't think he does email even though there is an address listed. Probably best to call him for best results.

Todd Z.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will do the same. I am glad that this was brought back to the top! If anyone is interested I might be able to snap a few pics of my Versialle setup, but it is in pieces and I will have to gather the parts back up. Thanks everyone!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Would i be pestering if i called to have a set made as well? Would love to have a ebrake!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Would i be pestering if i called to have a set made as well? Would love to have a ebrake!

Not pestering at all. He is running a business, after all and I'm sure he appreciates the traffic!

Todd Z.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Thanks Todd, nice little write up in Bronco Driver as well....Anybody have some pics of the brackets? gonna call today...

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ANY install pics as of yet? what cables did you use?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
onebad? you ever get them hooked up? they work?