• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got a big start on my EFI swap

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
Well its started..I got a crown vic upper intake,with throttle body .. A thunder chicken MAF sensor , Coil, 351 lower , 19#injectors and rail with all the senders and sensors for 150$ . Went to another bone yard today and got a 351w dist and berometric sensor for 50$ I think I got a pretty good start for $200 .. what do ya'll think? finding a computer localy is gonna ge a stretch. and i really don't wanna make that call to buy the rjm harness but i think its a good investment. just don't tell my wife:-X

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
right with you

Man I am right there with you. Got 90% + - for my 5.8. Going to be pulling my POS 5.0 out soon. Clean engine bay shoot some paint on it drop in the motor and RJM Wire Harness. Can't wait. looking foward to some low end power.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Well its started..I got a crown vic upper intake,with throttle body .. A thunder chicken MAF sensor , Coil, 351 lower , 19#injectors and rail with all the senders and sensors for 150$ . Went to another bone yard today and got a 351w dist and berometric sensor for 50$ I think I got a pretty good start for $200 .. what do ya'll think? finding a computer localy is gonna ge a stretch. and i really don't wanna make that call to buy the rjm harness but i think its a good investment. just don't tell my wife:-X

Computers at advance auto are $96 plus a $45 core. Better than buying used.
If you can get a cheap core at the junk yard you can save a few bucks.

A9L computer ask for a 92 Mustang GT with manual tranny and not a convertible.

A1 Cardone part number is:

I just looked at the web site and it says not available, but I did buy one locally 2 days ago.

OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
Computers at advance auto are $96 plus a $45 core. Better than buying used.
If you can get a cheap core at the junk yard you can save a few bucks.

A9L computer ask for a 92 Mustang GT with manual tranny and not a convertible.

A1 Cardone part number is:

I just looked at the web site and it says not available, but I did buy one locally 2 days ago.

Thats a good tip.. I just checked there site it said it was a 100$ core .. I guess I need to ride down there and talk to somebody...$200 seems kinda steep, we'll see....keep the suggestions coming...there sure are alot of different opinions on the fuel system. I would like to run the LP pump Accumulator HP pump setup what ya'll think

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)

Does the crown vic upper intake bolt to the 351 lower? I thought you needed the BC adaptor for that.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did the 2 pump thing and wish I had just done one HP pump mounted right by the tank where my LP pump currently is. Directly above the axle ...

No certain reason , other than cheaper and simpler. Make sure to get good pumps , such as Carter. I'm on my second el cheapo HP pump already (1st year) while the Carter LP pump is still back there pumping away.

Carter lp pump # 4070

They make an outside the tank hi-press. pump also , forget the # , it would be for an 89(or so) F series with FI. They were frame mounted , some trucks had two tanks , each with its own in-the-tank lp pump feeding the HP.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Thats a good tip.. I just checked there site it said it was a 100$ core .. I guess I need to ride down there and talk to somebody...$200 seems kinda steep, we'll see....keep the suggestions coming...there sure are alot of different opinions on the fuel system. I would like to run the LP pump Accumulator HP pump setup what ya'll think

Skip the accumulator no place to mount it and adds to the cost.
either run the Hp pump at the tank, Bosch from Advance is $105.
Or The LP & Hp pump setup.
I have done all 3 setup and other than cost no difference in performance.

OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
Does the crown vic upper intake bolt to the 351 lower? I thought you needed the BC adaptor for that.

Yea, i've still got to order the adapter.I'm gonna order it and the harness at the same time .( hurry up tax return)

If i only do the one pump setup , what is the best(easyest-cheapest) HP fuel line to deal with? HP rubber? steel? braided?