• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Fittings

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
When I put in the 5.0 EFI I used 3/8 brake line (Inverted Flare) and 3/8 high pressure hose to run the fuel. The rubber hose is shot. I have put together a parts list at Summit for how I want to do the new 5.8 (351) EFI. I am hoping this hose will be better than the stuff I can get locality. I have been all over the Net today looking for some 3/8 Hose Barb to 3/8 Inverted Flare Fittings Male and Female with no luck. Any one have any sources, Please don't say try local auto parts houses they were no help last time and will be even worse this time. Any help is appreciated

Thank's
Brian

OP
OP
Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
Pumps

Tito I think I am going to run 2 Low pressure one at each tank and one High Pressure. Anyone got any better ideas ? I am reading.

Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I just went with a single HP on the frame just at the tank. If I were a smarter man I would have gotten the aero tank with the efi setup but I wasnt thinking at the time. If they get another mass buy going I will get one then as I have another Bronco to put this 23 gallon in also. Anyways, so far so good with it though. I havent been on any knarley inclines but did several good steep trails up in the Tillamook Forest without a single hitch. I'd run a single if you could but not sure how to do that with dual tanks, might have to do the lp/lp/accumulator/hp setup. Look up bronko69er on here, he did a pretty slick setup using 2 tanks and utilized the mechanical pump as one of his pumps.

OP
OP
Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
I am using only a HP pump on the frame now just want to upgrade. when you run out of fuel on one tank it doesn't like to pick it up very fast. I have even had to bleed the line.

Last edited:

ransil

Bronco Guru
I like to use stock early 90's Ford EFI fuel line from the motor back to the Fuel filter. The 90's stuff is Braided line, nit plastic like the eariler stuff,
nylon tubing for the rest.

I use push lock fitting to connect them.
I like SMC KQ series.
check MSC Industrial supply here is a sample part number.
Mfr: SMC
Mfr #: KQ2H07-00

or these ones:
48601835 3/8 X 5/16 RED UNION NEWLOC ACETAL FITTING

The Ford tubing is 5/16 so you will need the part above to connect the nylon to the Ford tubing together.
Tubing I use is 3/8",comes is a few colors Feed blue, gray or silver for the return to match the Ford colors.
msc # 48638159

Also when getting the Ford fuel lines get some plastic ends from Ford vehicles the nylon tubing can be heated and pushed onto the fittings so you can use Ford Fuel pumps.

zimzimma

I did something similar to what you are describing and got fittings from www.fittingsandadapters.com. They have hose barb to both male and female inverted flare. It took about a week to receive the fittings. For the hose I ended up using the Summit push connect stuff. Its easy to install and was the cheapest high pressure hose I could find.

OP
OP
Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
Thanks zimzimma that is what I am looking for, Price is not bad too

Thanks to all that responded
Brian

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow , a good carter 4070 low pressure pump should keep you from having to use so many pumps , just put it after the selector valve. Some guys have mounted them all the way up in the engine bay and they still draw fuel well.

Othewise , like Tito said , try to go with just one HP pump if you can. Wish I had , one less thing to worry about.