• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Re Firing

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
Had the intake and fuel pump off and am trying to get it re-fired.

Would you use ether or engine starting fluid? Tried pouring gas in carb and did not fire (battery ran down).

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If it won't light with a little gas down the carb my guess is the distributor isn't close enough or you are not getting any spark at all.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
I second that you must have it out of time. I wouldn't use any type of starting fluid. Charge the battery and recheck your timing.

OP
OP
tk1218

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
Pulled a plug and am not getting any spark. I am a rookie, so I could have done anything wrong. Had the intake off and the coil off the intake.

I hooked the red wire from the dist to the dist coil labeled post and the other coil post (labeled bat) is going to wire out of the fire wall.

Can't think of anything else I could have messed up.

Please advise, did not pull the dist when I took the intake off.

OP
OP
tk1218

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
Also, horn and other items like head lights are not reinstalled yet, not sure if that matters.

OP
OP
tk1218

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
OK, do not laugh, got it running. The wire from the top of the dist to the coil was not attached properly in the coil