• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

will this body swap work?

broncodenny

Loc.
canandaigua
Hey there! I am happy to be a member here! I Have owned a bunch of early bronco's and sold them off a few years ago and I have been living with this mistake for along time now. Well I trade my old shovelhead for a u14 halfcab, uncut, with a 200 6cyl thats obviously not stock. Its still got the three on the tree and it shifts very nicely. I also got a 72 full cab with a 302 in on the trade. I want the dana 44 and the 302 in my half cab. the frame on the 72 is in nice shape; the body was recently off it and they cleaned everything up. will my 68 half cab sit on my 72 frame or should I swap motor/ trans/ axles? I am gonna leave it stock for now, but as I go along it am gonna upgrade. Thanks for the advice
Denny

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Should all swap without much issue. What year is the halfcab? Might have a few wiring things to figure out but not much. Welcome back!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Only issues will be wiper harness, 68 had the vacuum and 72 had electric, also side marker pigtails on the 72 but not on the 68. Few things on the dash and possibly ignition, etc but the bodies will be pretty straightforward.

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
Would be alot easier to just swap the bulkhead and top if the 72 body doesnt have alot of issues that the 68 doesnt... Just for the half cab effect...

OP
OP
B

broncodenny

Loc.
canandaigua
the body is wasted on the '72. the pulled it off and cleaned the frame and put the trashed body back on. I guess the wiring wont be too big a deal to straighten out. sounds like the body swap is easier than swapping drivetrains!

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
be sure to swap the glove box's over with it to keep the Vin's all the same lol had a thread war over that alittle wile back ;D

can you post some pic's up???? i wanna seeeeeee!!!